Joe has finally returned to his regular nightly naps after our trip home. When we got home he was only sleeping until about 5AM … but slowly, over the week, extended that through to a full night.
Now, Melissa and I are in decision mode … should we move to cloth diapers? There are some decent options out there: www.littleblessingsboutique.com www.greenmountaindiapers.com, www.funkybumz.co.nz, and www.clothdiaper.com
- Cost savings, same diapers grow with the child
- Reducing landfills, the environmental savings mean a lot
- Frequent diaper changing helps reduce the chances of diaper rash
- Larger price upfront
- Convenience factor of just tossing the “mess”, the biggest con easily
- Often results in more frequent diaper changing
This would take quite an effort from Melissa and I to ensure that the diapers get rinsed immediately and get laundered regularly. Disposables would still be used for extended excursions and trips. Yet, the thought of dropping around of $200 is … hesitating … yet, at the same time the environmental impact of disposables is quite concerning. I am tossing garbage almost every two days where as it was previously more like once every week.
What I would like to know, from you mothers out there, have you tried cloth diapers? What were/are you experiences like? Do you have any recommendations on brands?